[packman] A serious problem with your files concerning Xine and openSUSE 11.3

Dr Tony Young hygrocyb at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 30 12:01:15 CEST 2010

Dear Packman,

I currently am beginning serious use of openSUSE 11.3 and Gnome.  One of my favourite media viewers
is Xine, however the "one-click" installation version of openSUSE 11.3 on your site would not
install. It told me that for both libxine and xine-ui, that I was running the wrong version of
openSUSE........I tested it on several occasions while running a test system of openSUSE 11.3 and
each time was told that I was running the wrong version of openSUSE 11.3.

Today, I discovered the reason..   Instead of trying to install the "ymp" one-click file, I
downloaded it instead, and then opened it with the text editor "geddit".

I found that about 5 lines into the file, it stated that the system involved was openSUSE 11.2, not
11.3...........So, using geddit, I edited the ymp file and changed and saved it to 11.3.    I am
delighted to be able to tell you that the ymp file then installed beautifully.

Would you please take steps to correct this error. At the moment, the one-click files will NOT work
for openSUSE 11.3 unless the files are edited as I mentioned above.

Kind regards

Dr Tony Young
--
Dr Tony Young

Linux is to computing what freedom is to mankind...and then there's Microsoft
(Helios)

This email is confidential and may be subject to professional privilege. It is also subject to
copyright. If you have received it in error, confidentiality and privilege are not waived and you
must not disclose or use the information in it. Please notify the sender by return email and delete
it from your system. Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with the
Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).  Its contents must not be made public without the express
written consent of the author, Dr Tony Young.