[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.6.25512svn-2.pm.3.1 (openSUSE 11.3/x86_64)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Oct 24 16:10:06 CEST 2010

Manfred Tremmel <manfred at ...> writes:

> Sorry, my fault. libfaad is no longer needed for ffmpeg, looks like i've
> also removed libfaac support. I'll reenable it ASAP.

Apart from the copyright violation, the following in the spec file look
suspicious:
All references to dca are useless since a very long time (libdca-devel and
libdca0), I can't imagine what libmp4v2-devel should be good for and the spec
file still contains references to liba52-devel (unused for several years) and
G.729-devel (I have never heard of that).

Any reason why libopenjpeg is not enabled? It is impossible to decode jpg2k
without it.

Carl Eugen