[packman] UnicodeViewer released

Harald Vajkonny vajkonny at t-online.de
Tue Oct 19 17:20:10 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

we are pleased to announce that the first version of "Unicode Viewer" is
now available for download and would wish to see it packed for various linux distributions..

Unicode Viewer is a tool for browsing Unicode tables to obtain detailed
information about every character/codepoint. It provides a GUI with multiple functions
for navigating through the data and a Lua scripting interface to create
new functions. It also displays each glyph's DUCET-information and
allows sorting according to an order specified in an allkeys.txt-File.

This tool looks very similar to gucharmap or kcharselect at the first sight, but is able to a lot more under the hood. Future plans include making it a tool which can be used to easily tailor ones own Unicode sort order, to use it as a frontend to fontforge and much more.

Have a look!

It runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows machines.

For download please visit the project's page:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ucviewer/

For the impatient, you may also (on Linux):
    svn co https://ucviewer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ucviewer  ucviewer
    qmake
    make
    ./UnicodeViewer
    sudo make install

If you want to leave a comment about your experience with this program
or want to become a developer, please subscribe to the project's mailing
list: