[packman] Amaya does not show interface

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 12:03:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have the following packages installed on openSUSE-11.3:

amaya-11.3.1-0.pm.7.1.i586
wxWidgets-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.1.i586
wxWidgets-gl-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.1.i586

When I execute amaya from Applications|Development|Design or /usr/bin/amaya, I
see /usr/bin/amaya and /usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin processes but the GUI
does not appear.

ldd shows no broken libraries and dmesg and /var/log/messages provide no clues
either.

I am running under KDE-4.4.4 with Desktop Effects and Compositing enabled but
disabling effects produces the same result. Direct Rendering is functional.
Graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250.

I also have audactity installed from Packman and that works fine.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Neil Darlow