[packman] k3b doesn't work

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 19 16:29:09 CET 2010

2010/11/19 frank spruit <frank.spruit at gmail.com>:
> dear sirs, my freshly installed k3b package doesn't work, I get the
> following error code:
>
>> frank at linux-avnb:~> k3b
>> k3b: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkcddb.so.4: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii
>> <unknown program name>(6938)/: Communication problem with  "k3b" , it
>> probably crashed.
>> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message
>> did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
>>
>> frank at linux-avnb:~>
>>

> Is this fixable?

It seems you have a libkcddb.so.4 compiled against a version of Qt
newer than the one you have installed. Check your
repositories/installation... either you must install a libkcddb4
package from another repo (and probably most of KDE) or you must
update your Qt packages.
Not really related to K3B or Packman.