[packman] clementine with full mp3 support

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Fri Nov 12 01:12:11 CET 2010

On 2010-11-06 15:43:20 (+0100), Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> wrote:
> Can You make a package for clementine music player, adding those requires to
> get mp3 support after simple program installation?

I'm on it, will keep you updated.
Not sure I'll be able to do it this or next week, I'm away on a
conference, but it won't be forgotten (if it is, please poke me
appropriately with a very large stick ;))

> Clementine player is currently in KDE:Extra but don't have all requirements, I
> suppose for legal reason.
> After installing this package frome KDE:Extra repo, we need install:
> * gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly
> * liborc0_4-0
>
> I could be great to have this package, from Packman - working good from the
> begining...

Mmm okay, I'm currently having a look at the package from KDE:Extra to
find out whether it has some build-time requirements for full codec
support.

We can always add the necessary Requires: lines to pull in the codec
packages from Packman in order to make it "just work" out-of-the-box.

I would even prefer to be able to just do a _link to the package in
KDE:Extra, but that probably won't be possible -- at least not if we
have to change the .spec for Packman.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>