[packman] xmms not installable due to missing glib

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Thu May 20 19:08:29 CEST 2010

2010/5/20 Lutz Thuns <lthuns at opensuse.org>:
> hi!
>
> i want to install xmms on current openSUSE Factory.
>
> zypper tells:
>
> Problem: nothing provides libglib-1.2.so.0 needed by
> xmms-1.2.11-1.pm.4.3.i586
>  Solution 1: do not install xmms-1.2.11-1.pm.4.3.i586
>  Solution 2: break xmms by ignoring some of its dependencies
>
> Seems like libglib on which it depends is no more part of OS.
> Should be relinked?

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2010-01/msg00061.html
"the GNOME team will most
likely stop supporting glib/gtk 1.x (and other GNOME 1.x stuff) in 11.3.
If anybody wants to step up and maintain them, we can make this happen:
we will create a devel project in the build service and move everything
there."

I don't know when it happened (I don't think the OBS/osc allows to
know that), but it's now at openSUSE:Dropped.

It that same discussion XMMS replacements where proposed. Audacious
(GTK2) and QMMP (Qt) being the most populars.