[packman] How to go about getting GNUmed into packman repository ?

Sebastian Hilbert sebastian.hilbert at gmx.net
Tue May 18 09:40:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am from the GNUmed team. GNUmed is an electronic medical record application.
Info is at http://wiki.gnumed.de

I would like to know what needs to be done to get GNUmed into packman. There
are packages for openSUSE in the openSUSE build service. Those are maintained
by myself.

They work and do what they are supposed to. I am not sure about the quality. I
assume that some work needs to be done to meet some standards. However they
are the best I could do.

If anyone can have a look and let me know if there is a chance to get these
into packman that would be great.

The reason is simple. When a package appears in a repo that many users have
activated a lot more users try it. That is a good thing because much more bugs
are reported.

We have seen some nice input since GNUmed appeared in Debian and Ubuntu but we
have few testers from openSUSE.

Any help is appreciated.

Sebastian
GNUmed team