[packman] [PM] supercollider-3.3.1-0.pm.4.1.i586 (openSUSE 11.2/i586)

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri May 7 12:20:41 CEST 2010

Am 07.05.2010 10:54, schrieb Toni:
> Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2010 schrieb Stefan Kost:
>> hi,
>>
>> there is a problem with the package - two files are zero size. This results
>> in the error below (ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class 'Main')
>> and basically a non working package. Google gives me some hits:
>>   http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-dev/msg10605.html
>> and a possible solution:
>>   (Bug details: The VERSION file was malformed. This causes the
>> setMainVersion.sh script to get confused during the build process, and
>> it wipes the Main.sc file.)
>
> new package uploaded (based on new 3.3.1 tarball)
>
> this pacage is a mess ... how should we follow such "fixes" if upstream
> replaces a tarball instead of increasing the version-numbers :(
>
> Loos like a drop candidate for the future SuSE releases.
>
>> Stefan
>
> <snip>

Thanks for quick fix. It works. I get one segfault in a plugin (seems to be an
upstream issue):

> scsynth -u 2345
*** ERROR: dlopen
'/usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/SC3plugins/StkUGens/StkUGens.so' err
'/usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/SC3plugins/StkUGens/StkUGens.so: undefined
symbol: _ZN8BandedWGC1Ev'
Speicherzugriffsfehler
> c++filt _ZN8BandedWGC1Ev
BandedWG::BandedWG()

The file is from
supercollider-extras-3.3.1-0.pm.2.1.i586

And I believe the fix is
http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-dev/msg10246.html

for now, I just rename the plugin. Might be easier to drop it from the package,
as right now it makes the soundengine failing at startup.

Stefan