[packman] [PM] Jalbum 8.7.2-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.2/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Mon Mar 29 18:39:28 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 28. März 2010 schrieb Ralf Hartings:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Normally you are correct. However, according to David Ekholm, the
> mentioned files are the only missing files.
>
> Could you (following the advice from David):
> *Copy JLayer*.jar* and *metadata-extractor.jar* from the *lib* folder
> in  http://jalbum.net/download/Jalbum8.7.2.zip and put these files  in
> the folder *lib* of your Jalbum.rpm package?
why should I ?
The sense of a packaged based distribution is to have libraries
(java-libraires=jars) and programs only installed once.

For the Jalbum package I used/replaced:
commons-collections commons-logging javazoom jcraft metadata-extractor
with the available distribution packages.
The jdic stuff is also a candidate for replacing with the packman version, but
in the packman repository we have a newer jdic version, so I left it out for
the moment. With a replacement of the jdic package the 64bit users will have
tray-support too (upstream provides only 32bit versions of the libraries).

> Although these files already exist in the OpenSuse distro, they are
> missing in other distributions. This way your rpm package would work for
> RedHat/CentOS as well and would make life a lot easier for those people!
No it won't work, as the package itself "requires" other packages (I won't
change my spec-file) and it requires the jpackage standards (used in the
wrapper-script) so you can only "force" the installation for other rpm-based
distributions.
Additionally, I compiled the plugins with java-1.6, so if your distribution
provides only java-1.5 you'll get class-version-mismatch errors....

You can grab my spec-file and adapt it easiely for other distributions.

--
have fun
Toni