[packman] K3b not starting after update

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at skynet.be
Tue Mar 16 00:53:57 CET 2010

On Monday 15 March 2010 21:19:37 Vladimir Psenicka wrote:
> After updating k3b to k3b-1.91.0_rc2-0.pm.1.2.x86_64 it won't start. When I
> run k3b from konzole I see this output:
>
> ladas at linux-7li7:~> k3b
> <unknown program name>(9240)/: Communication problem with  "k3b" , it
> probably crashed.
> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
> send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

That's probably not the actual error message.

Anything useful when you run
  strace k3b
from a shell?

> Any help?

I'm afraid that the only option is to report the issue upstream to the K3B
developers (https://bugs.kde.org/).
I only packaged it, with no patches whatsoever, it's pristine.

Note that it works without problems here on my 11.2 (with KDE4:Factory)

--
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <pascal.bleser at skynet.be>       <guru at unixtech.be>