[packman] [PM] mlt 0.5.0-0.pm.2.15 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Edgar Aichinger edgar.aichinger at aon.at
Tue Mar 2 18:10:07 CET 2010

Hello Toni,

the latest update of mlt broke kdenlive for me, so that the AVI type 1 PAL DV
files I was working with did not load and kdenlive crashed. Running this
through gdb after installing debuginfo packages for kdenlive and libmlt,
showed that the crash happened while being in some sse2-optimized function in
libmltxine.so.

I have an old AthlonXP system without sse2 support, and the mlt webpage (which
should be updated in the mlt specfile too, btw) tells that a new ./configure
option --disable-sse2 has been added with the 0.5.0 release.

So I ask you to add this option (set to true) for the i586 build. I tried it
here with a local rebuild of mlt, and that made kdenlive work again.

Thanks,

Edgar