[packman] [PM] mediatomb 0.12.1-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.3/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed Jul 28 08:45:12 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2010 schrieb Superman Jason:
> Hi Toni,
>

> Just a note. A small bug maybe? On my OpenSUSE 11.3, when my mediatomb
> updated it quit working. By default it installs the mediatomb-sqlite
> version, with the binary called by the same "mediatomb-sqlite". The init
> script however is looking for /usr/bin/mediatomb or else it exits without
> any messages, but does not start anything. I found I had to make a symbolic
> link.
>

> cd /usr/bin
>
> ln -s mediatomb-sqlite mediatomb
>

> After I did the above it all worked as before!
>

> The line in the init script:
>

> [ -f /usr/bin/mediatomb ] || exit 0

normally this link is created by the package in the post sections:
%post sqlite
if [ -e %{_bindir}/mediatomb ]; then
	%__rm %{_bindir}/%{name}
fi
ln -s %{_bindir}/mediatomb-sqlite %{_bindir}/%{name}

%post mysql
if [ -e %{_bindir}/mediatomb ]; then
	%__rm %{_bindir}/%{name}
fi
ln -s %{_bindir}/mediatomb-mysql %{_bindir}/%{name}

--
have fun
Toni