[packman] [PM] cdparanoia 3.10.2-3.pm.7.1 (openSUSE 11.2/i586)

Martin Hofius Martin at hofius-online.com
Thu Jul 15 19:20:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

since a few weeks I got an update message (see below), which doesn't make any
sense to me (a security update of "finch" is required, but I have no finch
and no parts of pidgin installed.  In some linux forums I found a tip to
remove cdparanoia to resolve this issue.

Then I tried to switch cdparanoia from packman to openSUSE Update - and the
message disappears. But I would like to install the version from packman
(because I use most multimedia packages from there). What is the difference
between packman and openSUSE version?

Maybe you can have a short look on the packman cdparanoia package and
correct/clean up the part that causes the interaction with the finch update?

Greetings and thanks

Martin