[packman] OBS 2.x and new repository layout

Detlef Reichelt detlef at die-mafia.de
Fri Dec 31 18:34:23 CET 2010

Am Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:48:39 +0100
schrieb Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>:

> we can also make an "essentials"

thats the name!

> repository with just a subset of what we believe most people need or
> would like to install (mplayer, ffmpeg, k3b-codecs, xine-codecs, vlc,
> gstreamer-bad, gstreamer-ugly, audacity, ... but not something like
> claws-mail, and quite some packages are debatable, such as avidemux).

We could have a pollsystem, so the pm-users could decide what should be
in "essentials". If we have thausend avidemux user, why not add it in
"essentials", it doesn't hurd other projects on OBS.

essentials -> essential multimedia stuff
multimedia -> all other multimedia packages and like a staging repo for
essentials
other      -> all other stuff
games      -> games

or

essentials -> essential multimedia stuff
main       -> all other packages and like a staging repo
for essentials
games      -> games

Detlef