[packman] OBS 2.x and new repository layout

Marcel Gmür packman at ammler.ch
Fri Dec 31 13:48:49 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Pascal Bleser
<pascal.bleser at opensuse.org> wrote:
> On 2010-12-31 01:43:22 (+0100), Marcel Gmür <packman at ammler.ch> wrote:
>> You could also "safe" some build power by simply not building
>> packages, which are already built and maintained at obs, e.g. I had
>> some zypper dup issues with p7zip or some games like openttd. Are
>> those 2 packages really the only ones?
>
> Oh, no, there are many more than those.
>
> There are basically two "positions" on that:
> 1) yes, you're right, it's pointless and there is much more build power
> on build.o.o (also a lot more packagers though ;))
> 2) we had those packages first, it's not ours to remove, and the people
> who are using the packman repository also use packman because of those
> (and only want to add one big repository instead of a dozen of
> repositories from build.o.o)

both points are valid, I jsut suggested it according to the lack of
build power. Maybe the obs worker could build for packman too, if
those are idle?

about the splitting, will you be able to get all different repos
listed on the yast community repos list?

I would also propose a repo for server/network (torrents/monitoring etc.)