[packman] Packman Digest, Vol 86, Issue 12

AxelKöllhofer AxelKoellhofer at web.de
Wed Aug 11 13:07:26 CEST 2010

Am Wednesday 11 August 2010 12:00:01 schrieb packman-request at links2linux.de:
>    6. [PM] kde4-kplayer 0.7 for openSUSE 11.3 ? (S.)
>

> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:17:36 -0500
> From: "S." <sb56637 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [packman] [PM] kde4-kplayer 0.7 for openSUSE 11.3 ?
> To: pascal at links2linux.de
> Cc: packman at links2linux.de
>
>   Hi there,
>
> Would it be possible perchance to make kplayer 0.7 available for
> openSUSE 11.3 please?

Well, if you have a look here

http://kplayer.sourceforge.net/#history

you will see, the project looks pretty dead, no updates since Jan. 2008.

I don't think it's worth the effort of trying to "ride a dead horse",
especially as there are good (better?) alternatives being actively developed
(kmplayer comes to mind).

> A user just asked about it in the forums, and I
> checked and verified that Debian has had the 0.7 version for quite some
> time now.

Yes, exactly, but only for testing/unstable atm.
It wouldn't surprise me, if it would be dropped soon due to no active upstream
maintenance.

Greetings,

AK