[packman] kde4-kdenlive update

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Wed Sep 30 20:53:24 CEST 2009

There have been some requests recently to update kde4-kdenlive to v.0.7.5, which is a fair improvement over the current v.0.7.4 in the Packman repositories.  If that kdenlive update is made, I believe it will be necessary to update the dependency mlt from 0.4.2 to 0.4.4 (and also possibly update mlt++ (I don't know), and then it may be immediately desirable/requested to again update kde4-kdenlive again soon after (plus update mlt again). This is because the release of kdenlive-0.7.6 is imminent.

So I request instead that this kde4-kdenlive request be deferred until kdenlive v.0.7.6 is released (it is only a couple of weeks away), where the timing of the KDEnlive v.0.7.6 release is intended to co-incide with a new (and necessary) release of mlt (and maybe mlt++ - I don't know).  Reference:  http://kdenlive.org/forum/kdenlive-076   Thus the openSUSE packaged rpm for kdenlive would "jump" from v.0.7.4 to v.0.7.6.

This upcoming kdenlive-0.7.6 update timing may be a change from the original 2009.12.30 date in the road map: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/roadmap_page.php

There are have been significant stability and functionality improvements in the recent kdenlive updates, and it appears that v.0.7.6 will have various fixes over v.0.7.5 (and hence also be even more superior to v.0.7.4):  http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=8121

Thankyou for your consideration, in updating to kde4-kdenlive-0.7.6 when it is released in a couple of weeks.

Lee
aka oldcpu