[packman] Bug report for Audacity 1.3.7 package

David Gersic info at zaccaria-pinball.com
Sun May 31 18:22:48 CEST 2009

As soon as I try to open an Audacity project file, it crashes with:

      audacity: relocation error: audacity: symbol XML_ParserCreate,
      version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0
      with link time reference

The system is OpenSuSE 11.1 with all updates and patches already applied. I
tried reinstalling the WxWidgets package from the Packman repo, since Detlef
Reichelt thought that might help.

I have since built Audacity 1.3.7 from source (audacity-fullsrc-1.3.7.tar.bz2)
downloaded from their Sourceforge distribution, and it works fine, so the
problem appears to be in the Packman build, not in the original source.

uname -a reports:

     Linux linux-ewh6 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-03-31 14:50:44 +0200
    i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I don't know what other information you may need to track this down. I'd run
the info4packman script, except that it seems to have gone missing.