[packman] pd-gui??

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky zznmeb at gmail.com
Tue May 19 00:25:10 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Toni <toni at links2linux.de> wrote:

[snip]

> try to ask upstream:
> http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software
>
> perhaps a 64bit issue.

Well, since the i586 RPM package works and the x86_64 RPM package
doesn't, this is probably not upstream. I've built Pure Data in 64
bits from upstream source and it works, but the upstream build
defaults to /usr/local rather than /usr.

Speaking of upstream, there is also the "pd-extended" project at
"http://puredata.info". They have a build farm and are looking for
help coming up with an openSUSE build process. They do not currently
have a fully-automated 64-bit Linux build; they manually edit
Makefiles, etc., to get it to build on 64-bit Ubuntu. So there are
some opportunities here for hacker contributions, and once I get some
of the other things I'm doing finished, I'm going to jump in here and
see what I can do to get all this magic (openSUSE 11.1 + 64 bits +
pd-extended) working.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky