[packman] Azureus/Vuze built from source

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed May 13 20:25:47 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> 2009/5/12 Toni <toni at links2linux.de>:
> > Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I created a Vuze package in the openSUSE Build Service, it's based on
> >> Fedora's. It is compiled from source and has some heavy patches
> >> removing Windows/Mac parts, new version checks, etc.
> >> The thing is I started to use KTorrent, so I will not mantain it
> >> anymore. So, since I saw you just take the precompiled JAR file from
> >> upstream, in case you are interested, it is available at
> >> home:RedDwarf:java:nobuild, with the deps available at
> >> home:RedDwarf:java.
> >> If nobody is interested I will just let it die there.
> >
> > without digging deeper in your packages:
> > how did you package the bouncycastel-packages ? There is a problem
> > because they must be signed with a trusted key. Even jpackage bundle them
> > as binary.
>
> I just packaged bouncycastle because the version in the openSUSE's
> JPackage repos is too old... and, like with everything else, I just
> took the Fedora package and modified it the minimum to make it work on
> openSUSE.
> They also bundle the binary, optionally... not sure about the difference.

comment form jpackage-packagers:
# We keep original 1.4 provider since java 1.4 wants it to be signed
# This sucks big time - should we add jar signing infrastructure to
# jpackage into rpm signing? Sun seems much less user-friendly than
# your average Linux distribution

so everybody is providing only binaries :)

has to do with security options in java, some versions need signed "providers"
otherwise they won't work and throw security exceptions.

> %if %with signed
> %if %without jdk6
> %{__install} -p -m 644 %{SOURCE1}
> %{buildroot}%{_javadir}/bcprov-%{version}.jar
> %else
> %{__install} -p -m 644 %{SOURCE2}
> %{buildroot}%{_javadir}/bcprov-%{version}.jar
> %endif
> %endif
>
> > And AFAIK you'll need a lot of packages/dependencies only available in
> > the jpackage-1.7 repository(not useable at the moment for packman
> > packages).
>
> Uhm, true, I didn't remember.
>
> > I've tried to build Vuze from source but this "beast" needs a lot of
> > patching for every release :)
> >
> > In my attempts I used most of those patches:
> > http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/azureus/
>
> Those are the ones I used, updating them to 4.2.0.2 when needed.
ok, if you like you can send me your actual patchset for azureus, I can keep
them in our subversion repository and if we are able to use other repos
and/or the upcoming SuSE versions provide more java-packages in regular repos
I see a chance to switch to building azureus from source.

--
have fun
Toni