[packman] [PM] songbird 1.1.1-0.pm.5 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64)

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Wed Mar 25 14:40:54 CET 2009

Toni schrieb:
> Am Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
>> Ok, you are wrong. I just verified with a test openSUSE 11.1
>> installation. If no package is installed which actually exports the
>> stuff above RPM refuses to install your songbird package because of
>> these missing dependencies.
>> As I wrote it's a bug that you require other packages while you don't
>> need to.
>> Please fix that. (I could give you some advice on that since I have some
>> experience with that stuff)
> yes, please give me some advices.

Find attached a script which needs to be used in the spec like this:

SourceX:        find-external-requires.sh

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%define __find_requires sh %{SOURCE2}

That should remove all the internally provided libs from the RPM requires.

It's what I use in the official mozilla applications in openSUSE.

Wolfgang