[packman] [PM] songbird 1.1.1-0.pm.5 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64)

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Wed Mar 25 12:50:25 CET 2009

Hi Toni,

I just had a short look at your songbird package.

I see the package requires amongst others:

libjemalloc.so()
libmozjs.so()
libsqlite3.so()
libxpcom.so()
libxul.so()

but the package doesn't provide any of these. So you are depending on
other packages (namely mozilla-xulrunner190 on recent openSUSE versions)
without need.

You are also delivering Mozilla's NSPR and NSS libraries which is not
exactly an issue but could be a thing to improve.

The above RPM requirements are a real bug though.

Thanks,
 Wolfgang