[packman] [PM] mythplugins 0.21-21 (openSUSE 11.1/i586), [PM] transcode 1.1.0-0.pm.2 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Robert Nestor rnestor at mac.com
Sun Mar 1 03:21:07 CET 2009

Gentlemen,

I've noticed an incompatibility in the mytyplugins and transcode
packages there were recently posted for use with OpenSUSE 11.1.

The mythvideo module in mythplugins uses transcode for some post-
processing, but the arguments it passes are not compatible with the
latest version of transcode.  The last two arguments on the command
line built by mythvideo appear to cause problems.  This would appear
to be a problem in the mythvideo code.

In the transcode package the problem notes that Divx encoding will not
be supported in a future version, but it appears the package is linked
against the shared libraries in this version. That should permit the
option to be used, but the transcode package doesn't include the
necessary shared library as being required.  So while the installation
proceeds without error, unless the user manually installs the required
shared libraries the program will fail to execute properly.  This
doesn't match the documentation which indicates the program supports
Divx encoding.

Thanks for all the hard work.  I hope this information will be helpful.
-bob

BTW, I tried rebuilding the mythplugins from source myself, but this
depends on a LibJack2 Package which used to be available on Packman
but was recently removed and deleted by the packager.