[packman] Joining Packman

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Tue Jun 16 11:29:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have some packaging experience, but until now I never wanted to
mantain a package. Now I have a package for FreeSpace 2 Source Code
Project (http://scp.indiegames.us/) (plus a launcher
(http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53206.0.html), under
a non-commercial license*, that I would like to mantain in Packman.
It is similar to the id games: the game engine has been released but
you still need the original data.

Packages are available for review  at OBS: home:RedDwarf/yal (yes, a
great name to create conflicts... I could rename everything to
fs2_open-yal, but doesn't seems to be any real conflict right now) and
home:RedDwarf:nonosi/fs2_open.
If someone want to mantain them himself I have no problem with that...
but, if nobody volunteers, what should I do to mantain them in
Packman? Change the release tag and add a %debug_package to the spec
files and...?

* Nothing really problematic, but the non-commercial part isn't good
for openSUSE: "All source code herein is the property of Volition,
Inc. You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or
things you created based on the source."