[packman] libxine compiled without ogg support?

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 22:52:05 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009 20:30:04 schrieb Manfred Tremmel:
> If nothing is found, the demuxer is missing, otherwise you can check if
> the file realy exists. If all this is true, use
>
> xine --verbose=99 /path/to/oggfile
>
> and look at the output, xine tells you, what plugins are loaded. Is the
> demuxer plugin part of it?

The demuxer does exist and is listed as such when xine starts, yet it is not
used. I found that the catalog.cache in ~/.xine was the cause, as it lacked
the ogg demuxer. Deleting that file creates a fresh copy which includes the
ogg demuxer and makes sound work again. I'll attach the diff of those two
files.

I guess this is a xine bug, as it should update its cache. though I'm not sure
what should trigger the update though.

Thanks for the hints!

Sven