[packman] Funguloids fails to run with openal-soft (default in 11.1)

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Fri Jan 23 22:02:36 CET 2009

2009/1/13 Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69 at yahoo.es>:
> 2009/1/13 Toni <toni at links2linux.de>:
>> Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
>>> openSUSE 11.1 provides both the old openal from http://www.openal.org/
>>> and the new openal-soft from http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html,
>>> but by default uses openal-soft. Because of this funguloids fails to
>>> start.
>>> To fix it the patch from
>>> http://funguloids.sourceforge.net/alc_error.patch needs to be applied.
>>
>> webpin openal-soft -d11.0
>>   7 results (4 packages) found for "openal-soft" in openSUSE_110
>> * openal-soft: OpenAL Soft
>>   - 1.2.218 [BS::home:/ickruis]
>>   - 1.6.372 [BS::home:/b-s-a | BS::home:/lnussel:/ioquake3]
>> * openal-soft-devel: OpenAL Soft development files
>>   - 1.6.372 [BS::home:/b-s-a | BS::home:/lnussel:/ioquake3]
>> * openal-soft-debuginfo: Debug information for package openal-soft
>>   - 1.6.372 [BS::home:/b-s-a]
>> * openal-soft-debugsource: Debug sources for package openal-soft
>>   - 1.6.372 [BS::home:/b-s-a]
>>
>> so openal-soft is not in a official repository ...
>> and so I don't need the patch, if you look in the spec-file the patch is
>> tested and ready for build, but as openal-soft is in no official repos I
>> removed it.
>
> Change -d11.0 for -d11.1 ;-)
> It's there -> http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/openal-soft-1.5.304-1.33.x86_64.rpm
> When running the game I get:
> OpanAL: error creating context: AL_INVALID_OPERATION
> OpenALSoundSystem ERROR: cannot create SoundSystem.
> funguloids: openalsoundsystem.cpp:510: void
> OpenALSoundSystem::update(): Assertion `mStreamPlayer' failed.
> Abortado

Just to remove any doubt:

# LC_ALL=C zypper --disable-system-resolvables in -D -r dvd
'libopenal.so.0()(64bit)'
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
  bash bash-doc e2fsprogs filesystem glibc info libblkid1 libbz2-1
libcom_err2 libext2fs2
libncurses5 libopenal0-soft libopenal1-soft libreadline5 libuuid1 libvolume_id1
libzio ncurses-utils openal-soft readline-doc terminfo-base zlib

Overall download size: 4.1 M. After the operation, additional 12.4 M
will be used.
Continue? [YES/no]: n

openal-soft is selected instead of openal.