[packman] Offline Repository for openSUSE

Aditya Bhiday aditya.bhiday at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:06:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I am a student from BITS Pilani Goa Campus in India. We have an
appreciable number of openSUSE users in our campus. However, due to
limited bandwidth, it is very difficult for us to download packages
and updates from the internet. Hence, I would like to know if there is
a way to host a local repository in our campus.

For Ubuntu, we had ordered a DVD set containing all the Ubuntu
repositories. We have hosted the content of these DVDs on a local
server, and the server updates its packages from the internet
automatically. Is something similar possible to do for SUSE too?

Thank You,
Aditya Bhiday