[packman] Xvid Bug Report

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Mon Feb 23 19:25:14 CET 2009

Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 schrieb Joseph Shmo:
> A bug has appeared in the Opensuse Forums regarding the Packman xvid
> codec available for Opensuse 11.1 for 64bit systems.  It seems to
> affect 64bit systems only, and consists of large pink/purple
> "splotches" that appear in encoded videos when using the xvid codec.
>

> I apologize if this is not the correct place to file a bug.

I've encoded some samples and I can't reproduce here on my 11.1 64Bit
installation (Core2Duo 7200). But as far as I understand, it's a
problem of the assembler part of xvid (the recompiled version works
much slower bot has no "pink/purple splotches problem")

So I can recompile x86_64 version without assembler usage which is much
slower, but solves problems on some(?) computers, or keep the current
version. I've recompiled 32 days ago, because I've got bugreports
because of the speed without assembler usage...
So, what to do?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/