[packman] Installing VLC tries to downgrade Xorg

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Aug 4 19:25:04 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, 1. August 2009 schrieb Francis Giannaros:
> lappy:/home/francis/movies # z in vlc
>
> The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
>   vlc      1.0.1-0.pm.0
>   vlc-noX  1.0.1-0.pm.0
>   vlc-qt   1.0.1-0.pm.0
>

> The following packages are going to be upgraded:
>   libvlc2      1.0.0-0.pm.1 -> 1.0.1-0.pm.0
>   libvlccore2  1.0.0-0.pm.1 -> 1.0.1-0.pm.0

Our packages are build against the plain openSUSE, the update repository
and packman itselve.

> The following package is going to be downgraded:
>   xorg-x11-libs  7.4-41.5 -> 7.4-8.1
>

> The following package is going to change vendor:
>   xorg-x11-libs  7.4-41.5 -> 7.4-8.1  openSUSE Build Service ->
> openSUSE

When there are incompatibilities between the packages. You can recompile
vlc against the new xorg from pmbs, but we will not provide packages for
every pmbs tree.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/