[packman] Enemy Territory (Contribution) [done]

Javier Llorente javier at opensuse.org
Sat Apr 11 00:00:33 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 15:33:49 Toni wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 31. März 2009 schrieb Javier Llorente:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have built rpm packages of Enemy Territory and True Combat Elite. And
> > yes, I used rpmbuild to build them ;-)
> > They are games (freeware) and take some space...
> >
> > enemyterritory-2.60b-1.i386.rpm 255M
> > tce-0.49-1.i386.rpm 447M
>
> split of the data-files as a noarch package and make it nosrc.rpm.
> You can also use the autodownloader package from packman, so the user must
> do the download of the data-files and you provide only a small script to
> manage the installation. See package itself for details. I used
> autodownloader often for such large games (e.g. Wop, urbanterror, rott,
> trepidation, vavoom, quake3, ..)
>
> The noarch packages exist only once, otherwise the size of this package
> will multiply per two or three (depends on possible ppc-build) per
> disribution. i586.rpm, x86_64.rpm, ppc.rpm, src.rpm ...

In order to save bandwidth, I have built the package without the data-files.
It's just a couple of scripts.
One thing: I don't know if I have to do something special to make Enemy
Territory work on non 32-bit Intel platforms.
I have tested my package and it works ok.
It's called enemyterritory-2.60b-0.pm.1.noarch.rpm :-)