[packman] Possible problems with MPlayer r29116

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 8 01:11:14 CEST 2009

Hi!

Thank you for re-packaging MPlayer, I believe the new version is a huge
improvement compared to the older one I was using! (which may not have been
latest...)

VDPAU works fine, as does wmapro on 64bit!

I want to point to two problems (one of which I am responsible for...):
I only tested the 64bit version and realized that it prefers ffwmapro over
binary drivers. In case this is not wanted (and ffwmapro is also compiled for 32
bit), the patch against etc/codecs.conf could be changed so that status says
"working" instead of "untested" (untested is always preferred, iirc).

The second problem is much more serious, imo:
The 9-seconds sample in the sony-hdr-cx6-avchd directory in
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/h264 is broken as - afaik - every PAFF
sample (they somehow play with -mc 10 -delay -0.n), it used to work in earlier
MPlayer versions.
While some PAFF samples never worked, this one can be fixed by reverting two
changes in MPlayer's ffmpeg:
svn up -r 17574 libavcodec/h264_parser.c libavformat/utils.c
Note that I don't expect this revert to introduce new problems (for this
version), because the changes *fix* many PAFF samples for ffmpeg/ffplay, but
just break them for mplayer.
(Even with the revert, the sample still only works for -demuxer lavf
-correct-pts which is default for current MPlayer.)

Thanks again, Carl Eugen