[packman] openSuse 11 (i586) 'openSuse Updater' shows your public gpg key is expired

Patrick Martin bdrline07 at socal.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 05:31:17 CEST 2008

Though I run Smart Package Manager as well, my openSUSE Updater shows
the following exception nowadays:

    Refresh failed: . Error: refusing unsigned file repomd.xml Error:
    Could not refresh repository 'Packman Repository': Valid metadata
    not found at specified URL(s) History: - Signature verification
    failed for repomd.xml . Error: refusing unsigned file repomd.xml
    Error: Could not refresh repository 'Packman Repository': Valid
    metadata not found at specified URL(s) History: - Signature
    verification failed for repomd.xml

I saw before I deleted this Packman gpg key, it expired on 9/17/2008.
Please update your gpg key, and please link from your main page.

I want to turn Packman back on in openSuse Updater, I'm actually amazed
SPM hasn't choked as well, though with it I still haven't figured out to
see which mirrors I actually query.  (I used to understand its workings
reasonably well, off and on I go back with Suse to 9.2 it seems)...

Thanks,

-pat