[packman] [PM] mediatomb 0.11.0 (openSUSE 11.0/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Oct 3 12:13:36 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008 schrieb Frank Slotta:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I installed your mediatomb package and think I found a mistake in
> /etc/mediatomb.conf
>
> MT_USER="mediatomb" is set, but the service does not start.
>
> I changed it to:
>
> MT_USER="nobody"
>
> This does the trick under openSUSE 11.0.
>
> Thanks for the starting script, now I have a really clean install.
hm, that is strange. I added a pre-section to create a group and a
user "mediatomb" in my spec-file:
%pre
# create group if necessary
/usr/bin/getent group mediatomb >/dev/null || \
	/usr/sbin/groupadd -r mediatomb

# create user
/usr/bin/getent passwd mediatomb >/dev/null || \
	/usr/sbin/useradd \
		-s /sbin/nologin \
		-r \
		-d %{_localstatedir}/lib/%{name} \
		-G mediatomb \
		mediatomb > /dev/null 2> /dev/null || :

So this user should be created on your system at installation time.
Can you check the /etc/passwd file if the user has been created ?
less /etc/passwd should show you a line for a user "mediatomb".

If this is not the case can you call the above sequence to create the user on
a 11.0 SuSE version (substitute localstate with /var and name with
mediatomb).

--
have fun
Toni