[packman] [PM] kdenlive 0.6.0 (openSUSE 10.3/i586) and [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Jun 29 20:15:58 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008 schrieb Lee Matheson:
> Thanks Toni,
>
> I updated mlt, mlt++, and kdenlive on both my openSUSE-10.3 and 11.0
> PCs, with the latest Packman updates:
>
> oldcpu at stonenhenge:~> rpm -q kdenlive mlt mlt++ libffmpeg0
> kdenlive-0.6.0-1791.pm.svn20080105_2
> mlt-0.2.4-0.pm.4
> mlt++-0.2.2-0.pm.9
> libffmpeg0-0.4.9-11.pm.svn20080617
>
> I then ran kdelive on both openSUSE version 10.3 (KDE-3.5.7) and 11.0
> (KDE-3.5.9), and it started fine.  It appears fixed.
uff :)

> I've asked other's who noticed this error (on
> http://forums.opensuse.org) to test their kdelive for any other possible
> affects.
thats fine,  I had also some other people with this problem and from the
feedback of them I guess my patch seems to work.

Nethertheless please check if kdenlive is now consuming memory (I know you are
a "hard core" user of this program ...).
Because the call for av_free_static should return some memory to the system.
In the actual svn sources this call is also disabled in the same manner I did
it. But just to be sure that we don't get of the fire into the frying pan.

> Once again, many many thanks for your quick turn around and a very
> timely fix.  I typically spend a lot of time in front of my PC running
> kdenlive, so its an app that is 'dear to my heart'.
you're welcome.

> Lee

<snip>

--