[packman] [PM] wxWidgets 2.8.7.1 (openSUSE 11.0/x86_64)... and aMule

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed Jun 18 21:46:19 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2008 schrieb Christian Morales Vega:
> aMule package has an aMule-CVS-wx_utils.h.patch. Intrigued about it I
> ended at http://forum.amule.org/index.php?topic=11757.msg63215#msg63215
very very old topic ... from 2006
and as said there the repository from suser-jengelh it is a very experimental
repository with a lot of bleeding edge packages. This means not they are
wrong packaged.

> So, it's true that openSUSE wxGTK package doesn't use
> --disable-catch_segvs (doesn't uses a single --disable-*). Why Packman
> package does? Also, openSUSE package is named wxGTK while Packman one
> is named wxWidgets... and Packman version has an "Obsoletes: wxGTK".
> It's really intended that Packman package obsoletes openSUSE one?
> openSUSE package uses "Obsoletes: wxgtk" (lowercase), perhaps that's
> what Packman package was intended to do?

this is intended :)

The packman package wxWigets is a full replacement for the wxGTK package for
openSuSE-10.3 and 11.0, all necessary Provides/Requires are in the right
place, so there should be no  problem to use it. For the older SuSE versions
it can be installed parallel to the wxGTK package. Otherwise a lot of
packages would be broken.

And yes, the packman package has more features activated as the openSuSE one.
And also the enable/disable are choosen this way because I needed them in
this manner for several packages for the packman repository.

--
have fun
Toni