[packman] Package Error: Deluge

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at skynet.be
Sat Jul 12 11:39:52 CEST 2008

Rudi Pittman wrote:
| On the machine in question which is a fresh install of Opensuse 11 KDE
| x86_64 1cd librsvg was installed as part of the dependencies via smart.

OK.

| I also installed librsvg-32bit in case it was needed.  I will try the

librsvg-32bit is not needed.

| suseconfig command when I get home but based on the google's I saw it
| looks like a newer version of librsvg is needed although 2.22.1 was one
| mentioned and I believe thats what is installed.

Hmm..

Well, just to explain what I suspect to be the problem: the point is
that the line that crashes deluge on your host is loading an SVG image
through GDK (which is part of GTK).
GDK has a plugin system for "loaders", shared libraries that implement
SVG, ...).

Those GDK "loaders" are registered in /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf64.loaders

The loader for SVG is /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/svg_loader.so,
which is included in the package "librsvg".

Invoking "SuSEconfig --module gtk" calls the script
/sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.gtk which generates the above mentioned
configuration file (/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf64.loaders).

| On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at skynet.be
| <mailto:pascal.bleser at skynet.be>> wrote:
| Rudi Pittman wrote:
| | A clean install of deluge using smart package manager results in the
| following:
| |
| | famewolf at CMAMD64:/disk2/famewolf> deluge
| | no existing Deluge session
| | Traceback (most recent call last):
| |   File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 130, in <module>
| |     deluge.wizard.WizardGTK()
| |   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/wizard.py", line 58,
| | in __init__
| |     self.window.set_icon(deluge.common.get_logo(18))
| |   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/common.py", line
| | 154, in get_logo
| |     size, size)
| | gobject.GError: Unrecognized image file format
|
| Does installing the package librsvg solve the problem ?
| - install librsvg
| - run "SuSEconfig --module gtk"
| - run deluge again
|
| If it still doesn't work, please attach the content of
| /etc/opt/gnome/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf64.loaders (if you're on 11.0, then
| it's /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf64.loaders).

- --
~  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
~  /\\ <pascal.bleser at skynet.be>       <guru at unixtech.be>
~ _\_v The more things change, the more they stay insane.