[packman] Re: [PM] Azureus 3.0.4.3 (openSUSE 10.3/noarch) [Azureus /plugins folder problem]

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Jan 22 15:38:37 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Arash Karimpoor:
>  Hi again Toni
>  About the azureus package, I asked it in the azureus forum here. And I did
> a little test, I removed the .azureus folder in my home, and reinstalled
> azureus again, After the installation there would be no plugins folder in
> home. Now if you open up a terminal in your Desktop folder and run azureus
> when you're still in /home/name/Desktop/ you'll actually see that plugins
> folder will be created there like /home/name/Desktop/plugins/, and that's
> the reason there will be a plugins folder in /home/name/ by default because
> if you try to run it from Alt+F2 or something like that, linux will try to
> run it from the home folder and so it will be created in the home folder.
> Now I don't know anything about packaging but by any chance you can do
> something so it will try to run itself from /home/name/.azureus folder or
> somewhere hidden like that?

I won't change this in the package, to do it correct it needs:
* a group and a user for P2P downloads
* a directory /var/lib/Azureus with correct rights and user settings for the
shared plugins.
* a lot of changing in the java code to respect the user/group mechanism on
linux systems

I'm thinking about providing some interesting plugins as a addon-package to
Azureus and install them in a central place.

To start Azureus from a hidden directory is no solution, as it installs the
plugins folder than in the hidden folder ... and this folder should contain
the plugins for all users.

To make you happy:
simply add those to lines:
mkdir -p $HOME/.azureus
cd $HOME/.azureus

before the run command in /usr/bin/Azureus.sh
and you're fine.

--
have fun
Toni