[packman] [PM] mythtv 0.20.2 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Tue Jan 15 21:17:20 CET 2008

Hi,

I had to do a manual ldconfig after installing the mythtv packages to fix this:

hw:~ # /etc/init.d/mythbackend start
Starting MythTV backend/usr/bin/mythbackend: error while loading shared
libraries: libmythtv-0.20.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/bin/mythbackend: 127
                                                                      failed
hw:~ # ldconfig
hw:~ # /etc/init.d/mythbackend start
Starting MythTV backend                                               done
hw:~ #

I used smart to install the RPMs, I don't know why the ldconfig from the post
script did not work.

I'll be happy to try out stuff or provide more info.

BTW, this was both on 10.2 and 10.3

Regards,
Schlomo