[packman] [PM] kdenlive 0.6.0 (openSUSE 10.3/i586) and [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Lee Matheson lee.matheson at rijira.net
Sun Aug 17 23:42:34 CEST 2008

I gave kdenlive a good work out on the weekend.  I did discover a memory
leak with inigo (which belongs to mlt).  In essence, for rendering (with
kdenlive) videos of 10 minutes or longer, on a PC with 2GB of RAM, there
is a serious risk of all memory being consumed during "rendering" by the
memory leak.

But typically I keep my videos less than 10 minutes, so while worrisome,
this is not a blocking problem.

I summarized my experiences with KDENLIVE (over the weekend) here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/386941-kdenlive.html#post1858184

Versions of mlt and kdenlive that I have installed are:
mlt-0.3.0-0.pm.1
mlt++-0.3.0-0.pm.1
kdenlive-0.6.0-2192.pm.svn20080520

Overall, despite some hiccups, I am still very happy with kdenlive.

Thanks for all your efforts.  I can go to the kdenlive forum and raise a
"bug report" on my observations, if this is deemed to be helpful.

Lee
aka oldcpu