[packman] vlc

Andrew Brouwers abrouwers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:13:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm having a difficult time playing a video file using VLC from
packman (on x86_64).  I've had success on this same video file in
other distros (using vlc), so I know the player is capable with
similar libraries.

The video is an xvid + AC3 audio;  ldd seems to confirm that nothing
is appears missing.  Using the same libraries with another player, I
have had success playing the video.  With VLC, however, audio does not
work (but video does).

I think this points to VLC not being compiled properly against the
audio library.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Andrew