[packman] Re: MP3 files in banshee (OpenSUSE 10.3)?

"Andrés G. Aragoneses" knocte at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:34:15 CEST 2007

Toni escribió:
> [...]
>>> I would choose the packman package :)
>>>
>>> So delete gst-fluendo-mp3 AND gstreamer010-fluendo-mp3 and install only
>>> ONE of those packages.
>> Thanks! I have done that, and I still cannot get Banshee+mp3 file to work.
>>
>> When launching Banshee from a command line, I get this:
>>
>> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
>> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
>>
>> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
>> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
>>
>> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
>> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
>>
>> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
>> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
>>
>> Any ideas now? I think I'm really near now.
>>
>> More info:
>>
>> knocte at ulises:~/Desktop> rpm -qa | grep banshee
>> banshee-plugins-extra-0.13.1-28
>> banshee-plugins-DAAP-0.13.1-28
>> banshee-0.13.1-28
>> banshee-plugins-default-0.13.1-28
>> banshee-engine-gst-0.13.1-28
>>
>> knocte at ulises:~/Desktop> rpm -qa | grep oil
>> gstreamer010-plugins-base-oil-0.10.14-0.pm.2
>> liboil-0.3.12-0.pm.2
>>

> if I look at your installed gstreamer010-* packages, I would propose as a
> first step to update them to the newest available packages.
> e.g. gstreamer010-plugins-ugly is available as 0.10.6 and you have 0.10.5
> installed. I don't know which installer you use, but check all gstreamer010
> packman-packages and update them.

Fixed, but still same problem.

I'm using the brand new Yast-Gtk for this. How can I upgrade all
packages that have an update available?

> you could also try another player to check if it is a banshee related problem.
> exaile, elisa or christine use all gstreamer010 as backend. If they are able

Hugh, I'm not allowed to install christine surprisingly (it does not
resolve all dependencies, and Yast-Gtk cannot tell me which ones... :( ).

If I try to install elisa, it warns me about needing
gstreamer010-plugins-bad (changing the vendor or not installing elisa).
After choosing to change the vendor, it tells me I have to uninstall:

gstreamer010-devel
gstreamer010-plugins-good
gstreamer010-plugins-ugly
gstreamer010-fluendo-mpegmux
gstreamer010-fluendo-mpegdemux
gstreamer010-plugins-base
gstreamer010-fluendo-mp3
gstreamer010-ffmpeg

I don't understand! I will try removing them... but I guess this is not
the solution... Any sould that enlightens me?

Regards,

	Andrés	[ knocte ]