[packman] Re: [PM] vdrift-full-data 20070323 (openSUSE 10.3/noarch)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Oct 9 20:23:14 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2007 schrieb Aniruddha:
> Thank you for your quick answer :) Unfortunately the packaman faq is
> written in a bit unclear english which I don't understand (if I can help
> just let me know)
>
> Weird thing is that when I install vdrift through yast it doesn't ask
> for a gnupg key?! How can this be?
>
> Off course I trust packman and it's packager's However I intend to sell
> computers bundled with openSUSE in  the Netherlands therefor I must be
> 100% sure of what I am offering.
>
> Last question; how do I verify if this key is indeed from a packman
> packager?
look at:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Check_the_validity_of_a_SUSE_RPM_or_ISO_file

all gpg-keys from packman-team are available on the most (all) key-servers. So
you can check those keys easy. All our keys are provided in a packman-key
package. If you have installed those keys, your package-manager checks every
package against the known keys. But make sure this feature is activates.

> pub   1024D/1DFA8F0C 2004-09-24
> Key fingerprint = 931D 878F 07E5 48CC 5B2B  9F24 FA6D 29CC 1DFA
> 8F0C
> uid                  oc2pus zuhause (may the source be with you)
> <oc2pus at arcor.de>
you can check my key here:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de/
there are also other public-key-servers with such features.

> Thanks again,
>
> Regards,
have fun
Toni