[packman] [PM] mpeg4ip 1.5.0.1 (openSUSE 10.3/x86_64)

Dan Kopparhed dan at kistaip.net
Tue Nov 27 02:36:39 CET 2007

Hello!
It seems something is wrong with the mpeg4ip package for Suse 10.3.

I've installed it on two different machines from two different packman
mirrors, through Yast. One is a server with the x86_64 architecture and
one is a laptop with 32bit. As far as I can tell all dependencies are
fulfilled. I'm trying to use Mpeg4ip for creating hinted mp4 files for
streaming with Darwin, but it fails giving errors:
# mp4creator -create video.mpeg video.mp4
mp4creator: symbol lookup error: mp4creator: undefined symbol:
MP4GetTrackMediaDataName
However, the same command works on a server with Suse 10.0 (32bit),
using the exact same video file and the same (latest) package version of
Mpeg4ip and dependencies.

I've also tested to read working mp4 containers on the 10.3 machines,
which also gives an error:
# mp4info sample_100kbit.mp4
mp4info version 1.5.0.1
sample_100kbit.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   MPEG-4 AAC LC, 70.016 secs, 20 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       video   MPEG-4 Unknown Profile(0), 70.000 secs, 75 kbps, 192x242
@ 15.00 fps
3       hint    Payload MP4V-ES for track 2
4       hint    Payload mpeg4-generic for track 1
mp4info: symbol lookup error: mp4info: undefined symbol:
MP4GetMetadataGrouping
Again, this works without problems on the 10.0 machine.

Best Regards,
Dan