[packman] audacity-1.3.4-1.pm.beta.x86_64.rpm - openSUSE 10.3

Michael Charles m.charles at gmx.de
Sat Nov 17 14:55:22 CET 2007

Hi

after update of audacity (audacity-1.3.4-1.pm.beta.x86_64.rpm) this morning
via "openSuseUpdater",  audacity starts, but can't play any sound.
Following Message was shown:

---in german -------
Fehler beim Öffnen des Audiogeräts. Bitte prüfen sie die Einstellungen für das
Audiogerät und die im Projekt eingestellte Abtastrate (Samplefrequenz).
---in english-------
Error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and
the project sample rate.
----------

Following messages comes, when I start Audacity as "user" wiht the command
line (only the fist lines...):
--------------
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
Expression 'tempDevHandle = open( deviceInfo->name, flags )' failed
in 'src/hostapi/oss/pa_unix_oss.c', line: 690

Now the good message (workarond):
If I change to -root-  audacity works and play the files.

It sems to be a mistake in the handling of -userrights- of the
update-package. ?

By
Michael Charles

i use openSuse 10.3 x86_64.