[packman] (no subject)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue May 22 21:20:50 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 21. Mai 2007 20:47 schrieb klass:
> ho suse 9.2 vorrei sapere,visto che kaffein non mi funziona,vorei
> ricevere un programma buono per vedere i dvd.

Sorry, I don't speak italien, all I know, I've learned from some Verdi
and Puccini operas...
But when I did understand correctly you want to play Video-DVDs with
Kaffine. I've allready compiled the latest versions of
xine-lib:     http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xine-lib
and kaffeine: http://packman.links2linux.de/package/kaffeine
But for commercial DVDs you also need
libdvdcss:    http://packman.links2linux.de/package/libdvdcss2
We are not allowed to provide it as binary package, you have to compile
it your own.
A lot of new DVDs also us defect sectors for protection, they can't be
played at the moment, when the libdvdread scan of the media fails.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/