[packman] [PM] MythTV 0.20.1 (openSUSE 10.2/x86_64)

Wade Berrier wberrier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 23:22:57 CEST 2007

Hi Herbert,

I need a fix for the backend package, but am not exactly sure how it
should be done.

The issue is that I run the backend as user mythtv, group mythtv.  On
package upgrades, /var/lib/mythtv gets owned by root.root, and is
unreadable by the mythtv user.

I always upgrade my myth packages to the latest, but sometimes forget
to reset that directory, and then I loose recordings :(

Is it possible to not alter the ownership and permissions of that
directory?  Another thing that could be done is during %post, check
/etc/sysconfig/mythbackend to see if users are defined there, and then
alter the ownership of that dir.

Ideas?

Wade