[packman] Re: [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (SuSE 10.1/i686)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Jan 30 23:16:25 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007 22:49 schrieb Fred Boles:
> Thank you so much for making the ffmpeg tools available to SuSE
> through Packman.  I have been using these tools for several months to
> process video files and have found nothing that compares to the
> capabilities provided by ffmpeg.  Thank you also to Packman for such
> a wonderful add-on repository.  I've found many useful tools for my
> OpenSuSE desktop environment as a result of adding this repository to
> my YaST installation source configuration.

First of all make sure you have the latest version of (lib)ffmpeg(0),
for years there where no new release of ffmpeg so all builds are 0.4.9,
the important thing in this case is, what follows.

> I recently installed MythTV via this repository to try my hand at
> recording from live TV and setting up a small Tivo-like box.  When
> installing these packages, I updated ffmpeg to the latest available
> package and have begun receiving the following error message any time
> I use ffmpeg.
>
> ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51: undefined
> symbol: dlopen

Update faad2 and faac. This error allways happens with outdated faad2
and faac packages. Update even it even, when you think you allready
have the latest versions. The problem should be fixed then.

> Have you received any other reports of this error?  Have I missed a
> dependency?

Dozends, and as far as I can say, all where fixed with updating this two
packages.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/