[packman] Re: [Jackit-devel] jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Feb 20 12:17:55 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, 20. Februar 2007 schrieb Norbert Schmidt:
<snip>

> > >jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'
<snip>

> by the way portaudio is available:
> rpm -qa|grep  portaudio
> portaudio-devel-19-114
> portaudio18-18.1-0.pm.2
> portaudio20-20.0-0.pm.2
> portaudio-19-114
> portaudio20-devel-20.0-0.pm.2
> portaudio18-devel-18.1-0.pm.2
it seems that you install packages with force or manually. portaudio and
portaudio20 are conflicting packages, you can only have one...
the portaudio18 libs are internally renamed, so they can be installed paralell
to portaudio or portaudio20.

portaudio20 is ONLY needed for wired....

So your libportaudio depends on the last of the packages portaudio-19 or
portaudio20. Normally you'll receveive a error from rpm, but it seems you
have ignored it ... so your system is borked.

and I think you install simplay all packages ? do you really need the
devel-packages ? They contain only things to (re)compile other programs.

> Thank you for reading that all, but I want to have it solved.
you're welcome

> Norbert
Toni