[packman] Re: [PM] wxWidgets 2.8.4 (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Bernhard Walle bernhard at links2linux.de
Sat Aug 4 10:31:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

* Toni <toni at links2linux.de> [2007-08-04 09:53]:
> Am Samstag, 4. August 2007 schrieb Martin Trautmann:
> >
> > I downloaded your wxWidgets packages from packman.links2linux.org and
> > they work great. I just wanted also to have the static versions. I had
> > some trouble to create them which finally turned out to be a problem in
> > wx-config scripts. The parameters $ldlibs_adv were not merged into
> > $ldlibs_core even though adv is in 2.8 part of the core library (-lSDL
> > was missing). I am not so good in creating patch files and packages for
> > several platforms so I tell it to you just in case you like to add
> > versions including the static libraries on packman.links2linux.org. I
> > added the spec I used and the original version from you for comparison.
> thx for the spec-file. I'll have a lokk at it and with the next wxWidgets
> update I'll provide also a static wxWidgets package.
>
> to create a patch/diff:
> simply do a diff -Naur "your-file" "orig-file" > mypatch.diff
> (without the quotes "")
> and send the resulting file mypatch.diff to the packager. That's easy :)

IMO using quilt even for simple patches is more convenient. Just do:

   quilt setup mypackage.spec
   cd mypackage-version
   quilt new mypackage-fix-something-very-important
   quilt edit myfile1.c
   quilt edit myfile2.c
   quilt diff # ==> everything looks fine, this step is not necessary!
   quilt refresh

And that’s it. Then you have mypackage-fix-something-very-important in
the patches/ directory which you can send to the packager or upstream!

You don’t have to copy files, remember which file you edited and stuff
like that. Of course for fixing something in a spec file, diff is
fine. But when it comes to source code patches in packages, quilt is
very good, even for a large number of patches.

There’s a very good introduction into quilt at
/usr/share/doc/packages/quilt/quilt.pdf if you have installed quilt.

Regards,
   Bernhard
--
Hochleistungswebspace
 Das sind public-html-Verzeichnisse, die jeden Morgen zwanzig